Scholarship & Aid
Pittsburgh Premier Lacrosse, LLC (PPLC) offers financial aid for our Elite Travel Teams and our additional programming based on demonstrated need. The purpose of this program is to support athletes that may need financial assistance to participate in PPLC activities. The PPLC Directors review and approve or reject all applications submitted for consideration. All application information is kept 100% confidential. Applicants will receive a response to their application with in 14 days of submission. All financial paperwork submitted with an application will be returned to the applicant once a decision has been finalized.
Financial aid will be granted to cover either full or partial program registration fees only. Any additional expenses such as travel are the responsibility of the player. PPLC will have the sole discretion on the awarding and removing of all financial aid. Applicants that do not meet their commitment and/or volunteer obligations will have their award removed, be billed for the remainder of their fees, and be ineligible for any financial aid for 2 years.
Requirements For Eligibiliy
Requirements for eligibility:
- Be a member in good standing with the organization with acceptance deposit for current year, paid in full.
- Athlete must demonstrate a positive academic record.
- Completed Application with all requested information. Incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
- Elite Team Requests: September 30th.
- Program Requests: 3 weeks prior to the start of the program
- Commitment to attend a minimum of 80% of all scheduled practices, sessions, games and tournaments for the team/program in which you are requesting Financial Aid support.
- Parent/Guardian must agree to serve as a volunteer in some capacity during the season. The financial aid award granted will determine the amount of volunteer hours required.
Financial Aid priority will be given to eligible children meeting one or more of the criteria below:
- Member of a multi-child family and/or living in a single parent home.
- Receiving assistance from programs such as as; Food Stamps, Medicaid, SSI, Foster Care, WIC, etc.
- Written recommendation by school representative, social worker, or other social services representative.